We usually eat fruit or a square of dark chocolate as a treat, however, a “not too sweet” dessert is welcome on special occasions. This blancmange is super easy and could be made on the road if space is available in a cooler or refrigerator. If possible, use all organic ingredients. Serves 6.
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup cold unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 pkg unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups strawberries cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold coconut milk beverage and let soften 5-10 minutes
- Heat the can of coconut milk and honey together in a pot until the honey is dissolved and the mixture is smooth
- Add the softened gelatin mixture to the heated coconut milx mixture and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved
- Add the vanilla extract to the coconut mixture
- Pour mix over the berries and stir
- Either spoon into bowls or leave it in the mixing bowl
- Chill until firm, about 1-2 hours
One thought on “4th of July Coconut Blancmange”
You can also add any type of fruit to this blancmange.
Comments are closed.